Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Attack & Release

For the first time since the Earl Greyhounds in September of last year, I listened to an album and was instantly wowed. Actually, I can't use the past tense yet, because as I'm typing this, I'm still listening to it. The record is the Black Keys soon-to-be latest, Attack & Release. Aside from the expected riffiness (which I love), I think the drum stylings are really great. Check it out...I think it officially drops sometime in April.

Today is exciting because tonight will be my tenth time seeing the Hold Steady, and first time seeing them in their transplanted hometown of NYC. Their shows are, of course, always an amazing time, but I would imagine a free show in NYC will have the potential to be something extra special. At the very least, it has all the makings, and that excites me indeed.

Finally, I've followed the same silver Dodge Neon with the Hillary for President sticker on the back of the car into work two days in a row. Of the 10,000+ cars that drive Route 202 every morning, how can I follow the same car twice? If I see that car again this week, I'm running it off the road.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

i remember we used to play "Your Touch" on the radio alllll the time. it just never seems to get old. [is that song on guitar hero, by any chance?] and it STILL gets into my head with high frequency. like right now. i'll be looking forward to checking out the new release!

FindingTheNewNormal said...

Don't do it, you might get another ticket.

Tiffany said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG.