Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Then vs. Now

I went back to visit Messiah over this past weekend in between tryout sessions with the Harrisburg Lunatics, who I have played with the last couple of seasons. I saw a few faces I hadn't seen in awhile and had reconnected with some of the people I reconnected with, which was great. I, of course, went back to visit the radio station I used to run, Messiah's campus station, WVMM.

Going back to visit the "V" is always tough...it was my (and Mike's) baby during my time there and I'm proud of what we were able to do with it. Due to a number of reasons I guess, it has kind of gone a little by the wayside since our time there. Sure, there are some improved aspects of the station, but I think laziness has done them in in a number of places.

For a prime example, looky here: WVMM Top 30 2/19/07 and then looky here: Current WVMM Top 30.

Now, at the time of this posting, the second link gives you a playlist updated May 2, 2008. Really? It's 4 weeks into their current semester right now. Also, what's up with only having the artist, and not a specific song or at least an album? Lame. And, disappointing.

For what it's worth, I got the screen shot of the station website circa February 2007 by going to this site web.archive.org. Good fun for when you're bored, or just want to vent about something like this.

No comments: